[wp-hackers] 2.3 Features

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Fri May 18 23:29:55 GMT 2007

On May 18, 2007, at 12:09 PM, Dougal Campbell wrote:

> Scot Hacker wrote:
>>
>> Agreed. Speaking of draft management, my teams would love to see  the
>> ability to post directly to Draft mode via xml-rpc (e.g. to use ecto
>> for working on media-rich drafts, then posting them to a WP site
>> still
>> in draft mode so they can be reviewed by editors).
>>

> You can't do this now? I don't run windows, and I haven't been able to
> get Ecto to run under Wine (yet), so I don't know how/if Ecto handles
> flagging drafts. But there's support for it in the XML-RPC APIs
> (metaWeblog/MT).

The problem as I understand it is you can post an entry as "draft"
status, but there's no way in reading entries back from the server to
get the draft entries for further editing.  It's a one-way mechanism
in the MT API.

I'm hoping this will be rectified in the APP interface to WordPress,
but maybe it will also one day be rectified in the XMLRPC interface,
as well?

Daniel

(developer of MarsEdit, an application that, like Ecto, would benefit
from this behavior working better)