[wp-hackers] WordPress 3

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Thu May 17 18:53:50 GMT 2007

I think some of the responses focus on the perspective of us
developers -- I know this is the wp-hackers list ---, as opposed to
how  the other audiences will interpret the version number.

Versioning ultimately comes down to a marketing issue.

Seriously, not that I am writing a book, but "WordPress 3" would be
far, far easier to get financing for than 2.3 or 2.5.

I completely agree that the 1st gate as Aaron put it is "only if [we]
plan to continue to support 2.3 after 2.4 comes out."

Cheers,
Lloyd