[wp-hackers] 2.3 Features

Leonid Mamchenkov leonid at mamchenkov.net
Thu May 17 11:04:47 GMT 2007

Hi,

On 5/17/07, Matt <speedboxer at gmail.com> wrote:
> "proudly powered" should just become "powered". Why bring opinions into it?
> If they want to put proudly, they can edit the theme. We should just keep it
> generic.

"Opinions" is one of the things that I love about open source
software.  "Powered by WordPress" sounds almost machine-generated.
"Proudly powered by WordPress" makes it all more human, if you ask me.

It's true, many people will edit this out complete or change it to
something that suits them better.  But I think "Proudly powered by
WordPress" makes for an excellent default. :)

--
Leonid Mamchenkov
http://mamchenkov.net