[wp-hackers] Re: 2.3 Features

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Thu May 17 00:54:24 GMT 2007

On 5/16/07, Matt <speedboxer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/16/07, Shannon Whitley <swhitley at aol.com> wrote:
> >
> > Building on that, is it too far-out to think about automated downloads and
> > installations?  (With the user's permission, of course.)  I've seen
> > information for automated installation on the WordPress Plugin Database
> > form, but I haven't seen any documentation on how to use it.
> >

> It'd be trickly to make that work in 95%+ of server setups.

That's precisely why it makes such a compelling feature.  This has to
be one of the most-often requested features that I have seen
mentioned.

I think even half of it would be a great improvement on the current
state of things - the notification of
old/outdated/security-bug-plagued plugins.

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/