[wp-hackers] 2.3 Features

jason switzer jswitzer at gmail.com
Thu May 17 00:54:14 GMT 2007

I personally think the list of features to focus on should be taken from the
top of the most requested / highest rates "ideas" from the ideas page:
http://wordpress.org/extend/ideas. All ideas that are decided to be added to
wordpress core should be chosen from the top of that list and worked
downwards. This will prove to the community that the developers are
interested in implementing ideas that they (the users) care about. Anything
else would suggest that the developers were merely soliciting ideas and
don't necessarily care about what a majority of the users are clamoring for
(self-defeating in nature).

So my vote would be for plugin update notification then easy updating of
wordpress. Although I don't necessarily agree with the idea, I think people
have clearly expressed that they want to know when a plugin needs to be
updated (and I could only hope they would want that to be upgraded by a
simple button click as well).

-Jason