[wp-hackers] Passing messages to the Post Successful screen

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Fri May 11 10:14:57 GMT 2007

Hey David,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I thought about using the options table. I'm making a remote XMLRPC
call, so I don't know if it will have completed when the post.php file
redirects. The redirect might complete before the XMLRPC call. In which
case, the data would get to the options table too late.

I could build some sort of Ajax thing to update live I guess, but that
seems like a lot of work to display a simple "failed" or "succeeded"
message! :)

Anyone got any ideas that might get round the redirect / XMLRPC delay
problem?

Cheers,

Callum.