[wp-hackers] Passing messages to the Post Successful screen

Sabin Iacob iacobs at m0n5t3r.info
Fri May 4 11:28:45 GMT 2007

Callum Macdonald wrote:
> I'm writing a plugin to cross post to multiple blogs via XMLRPC. So
> you write a post on your main blog and based on the categories you
> choose, it will automatically cross post that to other blogs.

I'm starting to miss the good ol' days when search engine spam was hard
to do...

> WP uses a redirect from the post submission to the "Post Successful"
> page, so I'm losing any variables I instantiate in my plugin. Thus, I
> can't add any messages under that "Post Successful" message. Can
> anyone suggest an approach to get around this issue? Or a plugin that
> successfully does it?

for obscure reasons, Wordpress doesn't use sessions, so the next best
thing for passing around some data is a cookie (as wp_redirect can't do
custom GET variable filtering (yet?))

> All suggestions appreciated,

please, don't spam... useful stuff is already hard to find, don't make
it worse!