[wp-hackers] Google SoC: PostgreSQL port

Juan Manuel Doren jmdoren at ok.cl
Fri Mar 23 18:21:29 GMT 2007

2007/3/23, Matt <speedboxer at gmail.com>:
> Doing a replace of the queries on the fly wouldn't be preferable. It would
> be laggy and slow down the page loading time. I like the way I mentioned,
> that way people can just go and make a file with different functions in it
> and then put the appropriate DB queries inside the functions. Maybe there's
> another way of doing it though...

that's true but if you have n different files for n different
databases, then you have
n files to mantain when a query changes, and possible n sources of errors

doing queries on the fly doesn't take  too much time and the benefits
are great, and
a lot of the queries are doing on the fly rigth now

for example i picked a random SELECT

$dupe = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT * FROM $wpdb->comments WHERE
comment_post_ID = '$comment_post_ID' AND comment_author_url =
'$comment_author_url'");

it has two variables on it, so is doing on the fly.....  ;)