[wp-hackers] Plugin to insert a link, how do I handle the selected text?

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 22 22:28:02 GMT 2007

You can do it with a custom plugin for TinyMCE. The key functions would be
mceInsertContent and {instance}.selection.getSelectedText(). My best advice
would be to download the full TinyMCE package and take a look at the advlink
plugin, since this basically does the same thing.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net