[wp-hackers] Re: [wp-svn] [5062] trunk: Add RTL support to kubrick.

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Thu Mar 22 15:45:58 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 08:03 -0700, Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> I'm saying that wrapping every string in PHP is very, very offsetting
> for a large class of people, which happens to overlap a lot with the
> folks who make themes.

I think it would not be asked too much from a designer to wrap some PHP
around their strings.

In fact, if you provide a properly internationalized default theme, you
allow theme authors to reach a much larger audience. And you would
increase the choice of themes for non-English WP users. The best would
even be to include theme-specific language files, so people learn how to
use language templates. Learning doesn't hurt, does it?

Regards,
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
work: http://www.zirona.com/ | leisure: http://www.roggenrohl.net