[wp-hackers] Re: 2.0.10 and 2.1.3 Release Candidates

Alex King lists at alexking.org
Sat Mar 17 14:06:04 GMT 2007

I'd recommend an additional refactoring to introduce a single
'wp_escape' function, or similar. The function would accept 2
parameters, the string and the type of usage (js, attribute, url,
etc.). Both params would be required with no default values to force
people to use/set the right one.

It's not uncommon for folks to look through the source for a function
they need and find/use the wrong one because it's the first the run
across. A single function would help alleviate that. Of course we'd
have to deprecate the old ones over time.

I'd be willing to cook up a patch for this if it would be accepted.

Cheers,
--Alex

Personal   http://alexking.org
Business   http://kingdesign.net