[wp-hackers] Plugin Licenses

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Fri Mar 16 18:16:12 GMT 2007

Sounds great :)

That's exactly what I'd like to see as a matter of fact :)

I had a update-beacon system for WP 1.5 a long time ago now, it was a
de-centralized update system that relied on plugin authors publishing their
own update feeds according to a standard - that way licenses play
absoloutely no role in that matter, but I think a WP-hosted update beacon
servicing only free code sounds ideal.

Same as the readme.txt feature for wp-plugin listing of non-hosted code,
dev. could use that (GPL'd Readme.txt) to trigger an update beacon alert,
etc....

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/