[wp-hackers] Google Summer of Code 2007

Martin Fitzpatrick martin.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 23:50:11 GMT 2007

On 14/03/07, DD32 <wordpress at dd32.id.au> wrote:
> Now, there are several plugins which have implemented basic ideas on doing
> this, however the majority no longer seem to be under development, and
> have nasty bugs from what i've seen which requires more than small patches.

Careful what you say about update plugins ;) ...mine (
http://www.mutube.com/projects/wordpress/update-manager ) is most
definately under development and isn't in the slightest bit buggy
*cough*. It is however very basic in using www.wp-plugins.net data to
check for updates and does no compatibility checking.

Anyway, I'm all for an improved updater using wp-plugins.org (SVN,
etc.) and version checking.  I'd also be happy to volunteer my limited
experience (and bad habits) to the development if that would be
useful?

It's a big project with lots of potential for catastrophic breakage.
Should be fun :)

Martin