[wp-hackers] Add a Filter or use new PRIVATE status (WP2.1)

Chris chris.hearn01 at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 14 13:32:28 GMT 2007

Filipe,
Thanks, i will look at your code. I thought this might be the way to go.
I was hoping to "automate" it so that authors did not have to set
"private", so I have arranged my categories so that all the member-only"
categories are all children of a root level category. With pages I can
then easily hide them from menus etc using this structure :)
I expect that after the latest release of WP has stabilised the plugin
folks will start taking account of the full range of post status!

Do the default theme core files not respect "private" in archives etc? I
shall find out by digging around I guess.

I think WP now allows a good combination of features, and fortunately I
am happy with php, sql, html coding.. but the majority of course are not!
I'm still reluctant to hack core code tho, so will have to investigate
plugin API once I have got the site actually launched!
Thanks again
Chris