[wp-hackers] Should OpenID be bundled by default in WP?

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Mon Mar 12 04:19:56 GMT 2007

My opinion:
1) Yes - we should bundle a plugin (consumer)
2) Yes, yes, yes - for publishing entries and comments
3) No it should not be enabled by default

There are no other plugins enabled by default, not even akismet. As much
as I like the concept of OpenID, I don't think we're at the point where
it should be on by default yet.

My tuppence worth...

Callum.