[wp-hackers] Visual Rich Editor in Comments

Chris chris.hearn01 at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 11 14:32:48 GMT 2007

Hi guys,
Re: Wordpress latest version 2.1.2
Visual Rich Editor is enabled, appears for Posts, but not for comments -
is this intentional, and if so, why?

Sorry if this is wrong place, but I have seen several queries elsewhere
and no statement of current situation!

Manage Posts/Edit : shows the 2 tabs, Visual/Code
Manage pages/Edit : shows the 2 tabs, Visual/Code
Comments/Mass edit mode/Edit - shows basic code editor only - and no tabs
View Mode doesn't seem to do anything?
Edit (single) comment : shows basic code editor only - and no tabs

I am building a club website where there will be several users who don't
know html - surely they can edit (their) comments using the Visual Editor?
(and yes, I have the Rich Editor selected in all the user profiles, and
checked under both FFox and IE6.

Please can an expert advise whether this is "correct"?
Thanks

    Chris Hearn
    *Tel:* 01625 827589
    *Mob:* 07768 725141
    *email:* chris.hearn01 at ntlworld.com
    material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
    or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
    or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
    If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
    material from any computer.