[wp-hackers] Should OpenID be in WP core?

Dan Coulter dan at dancoulter.com
Sat Mar 10 17:03:49 GMT 2007

On 3/10/07, Elias Torres <elias at torrez.us> wrote:

> Agreed that client is the most desirable first step, however without an
> identity there'll be less take up on this. It's like Akismet without a
> key. Therefore I think we also need to make it easier for people to get
> either a WP.com account or host their own identity.

Pretty much everyone already has an identity now, what with AOL being a
provider now (all you need is an AIM account).  Yahoo accounts can be used
with http://idproxy.net.  Soon, Microsoft is going to start providing them
for anyone with a PC.  I don't mind WP being an identity provider, but the
client is what's really interesting for me.

--
Dan Coulter
http://www.dancoulter.com/

Hey, I got nothing to do today but smile
-Simon and Garfunkel