[wp-hackers] Should OpenID be in WP core?

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu Mar 8 23:20:22 GMT 2007

There are allready a few OpenID plugins,
notably:http://verselogic.net/projects/wordpress/wordpress-openid-plugin/

The problem it seems with that at present, is that it requires creating
user accounts behind the scenes when a new openID user logs in.
Idealy with openID, you dont want to create an extra account for them, but
aparantly, your forced to due to the way WP handles users(or something, i
cant find the reference for that right now).

You might be better off just taking that plugin and extending/cleaning it
up, i believe the author of that may've commented either here, or on trac
about it sometime recently too.