[wp-hackers] Should OpenID be in WP core?

Dan Coulter dan at dancoulter.com
Wed Mar 7 21:38:43 GMT 2007

On 3/7/07, Martin Fitzpatrick <martin.fitzpatrick at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be interesting to know whether it would be possible to
> implement Open ID via a remote server - e.g. using Wordpress.com or
> Wordpress.org to actually handle the login-checking then serving a
> confirmation back to installed wordpress.

I agree. Personally, I would prefer to see WordPress (especially .com) allow
users to use external OpenID credentials.  It seems like everyone wants to
be a provider right now.  What good does it do me if my AIM name, my Yahoo
account, my MSN account and blog are all OpenID credentials?

--
Dan Coulter
http://www.dancoulter.com/

Hey, I got nothing to do today but smile
-Simon and Garfunkel