[wp-hackers] Re: Adding HTML Elements to TinyMCE

ozgreg wphackers at galleryembedded.com
Tue Mar 6 06:25:47 GMT 2007

Hate to cut a fine point on this but by "Encoding" valid elements in tinymce in effect we have removed the ability of entering say <strong>test</strong> in the visual editor and instead either the user is forced to instead click on a relevant bold button or switch to a "code" view to enter the text and of course  the other effect is any author who wants to extend valid HTML elements, will have to add additional buttons to the TinyMCE button bar to represent these new elements or expect the user to instead switch to the code view as entering those elements directly in the visual editor will NOT work.

I can work around this, but clearly I am scratching my head over why in the heck this is a good behaviour..

WPG2 2.0 Installation, Operation & FAQ Documentation (http://wpg2.galleryembedded.com/)