[wp-hackers] Wordpress Throttle

Martin Fitzpatrick martin.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 21:29:09 GMT 2007

Hi folks,

I'm looking for feedback & thoughts on a Wordpress implementation of a
site throttle.  It's inspired by the system included in Drupal by
default, although it uses a different method to calculate site load &
shares no code.

Externally the plugin it provides an API to monitor and report current
load to plugins or themes, allowing them to limit non-essential
elements until load reduces. In doing this it limits the effect of
traffic peaks on your server's performance.

Currently it is developed as a plugin and provides interface for
configuration and status monitoring as required.  I personally would
like to see this sort of functionality as part of Wordpress as default
(similar to Drupal) but one step at a time.

You can get download / information at:
http://www.mutube.com/projects/wordpress/throttle/

Look forward to hearing what you all think,

Martin