[wp-hackers] Any other way to do it? (or, do we really need Nonces?)

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Fri Mar 2 12:52:04 GMT 2007

Chris wrote:
> newbie question, sorry - can I ask why using GETS rather than POST? When
> i have written my own php stuff I use post almost exclusively.. is it so
> that the BACK browser button behaves better?

We've been down this road before. Believe it or not the answer seems to
be so WP can style the buttons and links a certain way, nothing more.

It really is broken, and is going to continue to be a cause of security
holes, but I have personally despaired of this being fixed short of a fork.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!