[wp-hackers] Re: Blogroll, Bookmarks, Links?

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Fri Jun 22 09:38:57 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 01:49 -0700, Marci O'Daffer wrote:
> Still in the Links camp am I, and I have to agree with Scot, Leonid and
> Charles. You don't put bookmarks on a website to take you to other people's
> websites. You put them in  your browser to take you back to places you've
> been.

I would not kill myself (or anybody else) if it is called Links in the
end -- yet I do believe that the Links in WordPress are much more than
just hrefs: They are structured in categories, they have a description
and XFN metadata. When you have your Links/Bookmarks on a single page or
in the sidebar, it is almost like the Favorites/Bookmarks in a browser.
Ok, you place them not for yourself, but for others, but I think that's
not so important. This concept of structured and enriched Links makes
WordPress unique in a certain way, and I think there's nothing wrong in
emphasizing this (yes, also and especially for newbies).

Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
http://www.zirona.com/ | Hilfe für das HQ AC: http://www.prohq.de