[wp-hackers] Re: Blogroll, Bookmarks, Links?

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Thu Jun 21 23:14:11 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 15:59 -0700, Charles wrote:
> Calling it Bookmarks/Favorites opens a whole can of confusion for people that already
> use these terms for something else.

Oh, then what should book authors have said, when browsers introduced
the term *Book*mark for hyperreferences? ;-)

No, seriously... I think that "Bookmark" describes very well what we use
in WordPress. In terms of Semiotics, you could say, a Bookmark generally
is the sign for a position in a textual entity, and I think it meets
very well with all three usages (books, browsers, CMS).

Best regards,
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
http://www.zirona.com/ | Hilfe für das HQ AC: http://www.prohq.de