[wp-hackers] Re: Blogroll, Bookmarks, Links?

Jairus Pryor jairus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:45:02 GMT 2007

On 6/21/07, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
> Admittedly, XFN is limited in scope to blogrolls, which is why I'd
> like it to be expanded to arbitrary metadata about the URLs in
> general. I'd like the bookmarks section to become as robust as the
> posts section, with arbitrary metadata, the ability to incorporate
> them into the Loop, etc, etc...

I agree that 'bookmarks' makes much more sense than 'links'. What I'd
also love to see is the ability to have different metadata schemas
here in addition to XFN, in the same way you can output in different
syndicated formats.  If you wanted to use Dublin Core instead of XFN,
you could easily customize your Bookmarks metadata template, just as
you can easily customize your Feed template.

Jairus