[wp-hackers] Widgets and Roles

Leonid Mamchenkov leonid at mamchenkov.net
Tue Jun 19 22:29:55 GMT 2007

Hi,

On 6/20/07, Matt <speedboxer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think it's own Tab is necessary. It's already under presentation,
> and that's exactly what it does, edits the way the Sidebar(s) is/are
> displayed (or presented). They are still related to the Theme to.

Perhaps.  One of the reasons behind a separate tab for widgets is the
support for expanding use scenarios.  Right now, most people use
widgets for sidebar stuff.  But they are much more useful than that...

Sidebar groups come to mind - several sidebars (or better called
something like widget containers) grouped together and then used
according to some set of conditions (if (is_home() {
widget_container_group($main) } else {
widget_cotainer_group($secondary) })...

--
Leonid Mamchenkov