[wp-hackers] Keywords to tags

Scot Hacker shacker at birdhouse.org
Thu Jun 14 16:43:21 GMT 2007

WP's Movable Type importer currently ignore the Keywords field in MT
export files, which is unfortunate when you want to convert a client
who's been on MT for years and wants to switch, but isn't willing to
lose their tagging system.

I've modified wp-admin/import/mt.php to successfully convert MT
keywords to WordPress postmeta  as a "keywords" field (UTW then does
a good job of converting these fields to tags).

Is there enough demand out there for something like this that I
should consider submitting a patch? If there's no chance of it being
accepted, I'll just post the patch in some forums.

Thanks,
Scot