[wp-hackers] Plugin options page

Frederick Alger frederick.alger at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 05:24:26 GMT 2007

> Scenario: You have several plugins activated and this new plugin
> options page now lists options for a several plugins. There's this
> fantastically confusing accordion thing on there. You open up one
> section and change an option, then open up a different section, make
> some changes, and hit "Save"... what gets saved? All the changes
> you've made to each plugin? Or just the currently open section? How is
> the user to know? Hmm... maybe the options get automatically saved
> when you open a new section? Who knows?

I imagine the interface could look something like the "edit / create Post"
page, so we can build off of the existing UI look-and-feel and tools.
Simply make the "plugin options" page looks like the "edit/create post"
page, and have everything saved through one save button at the bottom.

How is this page going to look and function when Javascript is disabled?

Much like the "edit / create post" page with JS disabled.

--

- Fred Alger
@: frederick.alger at gmail.com