[wp-hackers] Crossposting to wordpress.com

Mark R tamba2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 08:57:07 GMT 2007

On 6/13/07, Anthony Yarusso <tonyyarusso at comcast.net> wrote:

> When I was starting my new blog, I liked a lot of the aspects of the
> wordpress.com site, and created an account there.  I like the "online
> community" sort of thing, as well as the tracking of new and popular
> blogs, etc.  However, I was ultimately deterred because I wouldn't be
> able to install other plugins of my choosing.  Now I have my blog
> hosted elsewhere, but would like if people could still access the
> content through the wordpress.com site.  Is there a crossposting
> method available for this?

One of the benefits of having a blog at wordpress.com is that you are
joining a community.
If you choose to leave for your own domain / blog elsewhere then you lose
those community features.

If we allowed cross-posting into the blogs and therefore into our Tags
pages, the effect would be to encourage spammers and others in their efforts
to gain traffic. So the part of the ToS that Mark quotes will be used.
Additionally, the content of the blog on wordpress.com would be a duplicate
of another blog elsewhere which is another point against it.

You can't leave wordpress.com but select those elements you want to stay
hooked into - whether using plugins or not. So there may well be a method
but it is not something that would be permitted.

Mark.