[wp-hackers] wp_insert_post & negative post_id ?

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 18:21:07 GMT 2007

Hello,

When a new post is created, the "wp_insert_post" hook is fired off,
and all functions that registered (via add_action() ) to that hook
will get activated.

Now... correct me if I'm wrong, but... as I understand the system...
when a new post is being created, it is given a temporary negative
"post_id".  (Like "-8388432")

When the post is actually created, this gets changed to a real
positive "post_id".  (Like "5".)

In the "wp_insert_post" hook, I know how to get the real positive "post_id"....

BUT... how do you get the temporary negative "post_id" from which it came?

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc. <http://ChangeLog.ca/>

                  All the Vlogging News on One Page