[wp-hackers] Using a custom post_type in the wp_posts table

R.J. Kaplan just.be.happy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 10:10:08 GMT 2007

Hi,
I'm writing a plugin for managing photo albums. Right now, the plugin
creates a table for the photos, but I was wondering, what would
happen if I stored the posts in the wp-posts table? I'd set the
post_type to something like 'photo'. would it mess things up in
future versions of WordPress?
The main benefit of doing this would be the ability to use the
wordpress comments system for the photos.
Any input from people who understand the WordPress core would be
really helpful.
~Rubin