[wp-hackers] WP visual editor feeling lucky

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Jul 30 20:55:12 GMT 2007

While it's pretty cool, I'd like it better if it actually got Google
results instead of Yahoo's.

Google offers their results via javascript if you use their AJAX
search API: http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxsearch/documentation/

Or, if you want a quick and easy way, Google also operates
searchmash.com as a beta testing site for interface stuff. Its results
can be easily nabbed in a json format:
http://www.searchmash.com/results/[query]

You can specify that you only want the first result of the query like so:
http://www.searchmash.com/results/[query]?n=1

The json returned to you is pretty easy to figure out.