[wp-hackers] Assigning Pages to Categories

Chris chris.hearn01 at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 28 20:41:05 GMT 2007

Hi,
Not claiming that I am a standard WP user, or "most people", but I use
page categories! Since my website is now totally integrated with WP, it
shows menus that go to static page content, then with relevant posts
underneath - this is done via the page-category-organiser plugin
(modified a bit I admit) and tweaks to template pages to do this - it
works well!

I think this is useful as it allows Wordpress functionality (multiple
admin/editors, and a login for "Club members only" menu pages and
content, etc etc), whilst presenting as a "standard" web site rather
than a pure blog.
the site is for a sailing club in the UK , and is at
http://www.budworthsc.org.uk if you want to have a look - hopefully the
above will then make sense!

Best Regards
Chris
P.S. So not keen to change the whole design to WP 2.3 when it comes out!