[wp-hackers] Working with Post Attachments

Tom Sampoli bayportblues at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 13:00:09 GMT 2007

Hello all,

I'm attempting to display post attachments depending on the
attachment's mime type, name, size, etc and am not sure if this is
possible without using a plugin. I see the functions discussed at
http://mdawaffe.wordpress.com/2006/12/05/hitting-wordpress-attachment-handling/,
but without studying each function's references a great deal, I'm not
sure how to use these. They do appear to be available within a theme.
My searching on the codex didn't yield anything on these either - I
may just be missing it.

Is there something out there about doing this sort of thing? Is a
plugin necessary? The author of this plugin,
http://blog.designdelineations.com/2006/05/17/wordpress-plugin-autolink-attachment/,
seems to indicate that v2.1 includes the functionality that plugin
provided, I just can't find it.

Thanks,
Tom