[wp-hackers] Drop PHP4 support entirely?

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Sun Jul 8 18:17:36 GMT 2007

There are a million ways to do it - but with one question: why PHP?

Not the language itself, but the concept. Why a web scripting language
instead of a C++ (or whatever) application with a frontend attached to it?

In the end, you'll be using PHP to run applications on the local server (or
at least compiling PHP with your own extensions) in order to interface with
the system. Might as well circumvent all that and use a native application
with a web frontend instead.