[wp-hackers] WordPress Uses "Wrong" Apostrophe in Blog Title

Matt Patenaude MattPat at mattpat.net
Sun Jul 8 03:37:54 GMT 2007

It's implied but not explicitly stated, and last time I checked,
standards don't work off implications... wouldn't it make sense that
the W3C would want ', as implemented by the browser, to
correctly resolve to the right curly apostrophe?

As it is implemented in most browsers (where implemented), it
resolves to XML equivalent of a standard apostrophe, &#39. That
doesn't mean it's how it should work, just what the current
equivalent is.

Just a thought. ;)

-Matt