[wp-hackers] Drop PHP4 support entirely?

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 7 20:35:38 GMT 2007

That is what I was more or less getting at. I don't see a bunch of users pushing their hosting companies (or fleeing them) if a new version of WP comes out and lacks a reason to make them want to switch. If there isn't some great new features, then they will most likely stick with the status quo (look at the number of sites still running 2.0.x and even 1.5.x).

Now if the GOPHP5 people can get Netenberg to join in and say that the software offered by Fantastico will require PHP5, then the odds of this being successful just skyrocketed. :D

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net