[wp-hackers] Drop PHP4 support entirely?

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Thu Jul 5 22:55:50 GMT 2007

On Jul 5, 2007, at 2:48 PM, Otto wrote:

> http://gophp5.org/
>
> It's basically a list of Open Source Projects that are teaming up to
> drop PHP 4 support as of February 5, 2008. Two largish projects of
> note on the list are Drupal and phpMyAdmin.

I hope it works (convinces the majority of hosts to upgrade to
PHP5).  I also hope hosts start making PHP5 the default (and require
extra steps to revert to PHP4) instead of doing the opposite.  We
should re-open this issue next spring, after that campaign has executed.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://markjaquith.com/

Covered Web Services