[wp-hackers] Storing absolute time stamps

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Mon Jul 2 05:36:30 GMT 2007

If I were to post a post today at noon saying that it's noon, that post
should stay at noon. If I change my offset to correct for DST and it
retroactively changed past posts, then the time on the previous post would
no longer say "noon".

Now of course that makes the timestamps relative to now incorrect (a post "4
days" ago wouldn't really be 4 days ago), but it's more important to keep
the timestamps of posts correct relative to the time then.

And of course, you can always just use the UTC timestamp stored in the post
and use that to display the timestamp if you really want to. You'll just
need to just a little PHP and date().

--
Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/