[wp-hackers] Upgrade instructions fatally flawed for Mac

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 22:06:47 GMT 2007

On 1/17/07, Michael B <miklb.online at gmail.com> wrote:
> Regardless of this pissing match over Finder vs FTP, I altered the
> instructions 2 days ago to say "do not overwrite your wp-contents
> directory".  If someone wants to add to manually overwrite Akismet, knock
> themselves out.  I don't think Default or Classic have been changed in quite
> sometime, and anyone using default or classic have probably made changes,
> and wouldn't want them overwritten anyway.

Your change is greatly appreciated, but it also does not address any
fundamental problem -- are  specific instructions desirable for a
particularly environment?

I specifically had hoped to clarify why some people think Mac OS X
only knows how to overwrite folders. What are the steps to duplicate
the problem?