[wp-hackers] Making categories linkable in WP 2.1

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Jan 18 17:47:33 GMT 2007

On 1/18/07, R.J. Kaplan <just.be.happy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I know this has been covered here before, but I was wondering if any
> simple way of making categories 'linkable' in WordPress 2.1 was
> added, or do i still need to manually type in the category name in
> the blogroll section the first time, for them to show in the list
> there? I find this pretty confusing, and I want to set up a large
> number of categories with both links and posts.
> thanks in advance,

Do you mean the cats don't show up  in the list in the "Categories" box when
adding or editing a link? Are you creating a bunch of cats via
Manage->Categories and then assigning them to both links and posts.  If so,
we definitely need to do something there since once a new cat is assigned to
a post it won't show up in the cat list and vice-versa.

Ryan