[wp-hackers] Codex updates for 2.1?

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Wed Jan 17 17:13:30 GMT 2007

Brian Layman wrote:
> J wrote:
>> a) Are there plans to update the developer section of the Codex for
>> 2.1 changes?
>> b) I am also wondering if it might make sense to start a whole new
>> developer area in the Wiki for 2.1
>> c) Once 2.1 is out, will the Wiki need to keep around all the
>> information for 2.0.x as well?  For how long?
>> do we need some documentation on the changes
>
> I can't answer A, but my opinion on B, is "YES" because the answer to C is
> that the 2.0 stuff has to stay around until sometime in 2010.  Ryan's
> committed to keeping the 2.0 trac viable for 2-3 years.
>
> The answer to the bonus question is yes, IMNSHO. Some of it is already in
> existence, see http://wordpress.org/development/2006/12/naughty-or-nice/,
> but there needs to be more...

OK... In that case, I will see about starting a re-organized 2.1
Developer Doc section, including a migration from 2.0 section, and
plan to leave the 2.0 documentation section alone (although once there
is actual content in the 2.1 section, link(s) from the 2.0 sections
will be useful).

Unless I hear otherwise...
     Jennifer