[wp-hackers] Upgrade instructions fatally flawed for Mac

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 16 16:10:53 GMT 2007

Our very own Matt has had a problem with this in OSX:

http://photomatt.net/2005/04/06/braindead-finder-behaviour/

It is more of a way that Mac handles things than being a problem.

I can't see changing the structure of WP as it is (a vast majority of other programs out there have folders that are combinations of user/core files - ie: drupal, smf, phpbb). Actually Wordpress is one of the best for keeping core files/user files separate.

The very first step in the Codex for upgrading states:

> Step 1: Backup Database Tables and Files including .htaccess

This should always be followed. I even follow it on Windows and *nix systems. Always better safe than sorry.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net