[wp-hackers] Bug with Thumbnail Creation

ryan fitzer ryanfitzer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 07:47:35 GMT 2007

I'm getting a bug in 2.0.7 (I've seen it in earlier versions as well) where
the inline uploading process creates different sized thumbnails depending on
the image's ratio and/or file size.
Example:
Uploaded an image 1152px wide by 864px tall and WP generated a thumb that
was 128px wide by 96px tall.
Uploaded another image that was 576px by 479px and WP generated a thumb that
was 96px wide by 73px tall.
Then resized image 2 to be 600px wide by 450px tall and WP generated a thumb
that was 128px wide by 96px tall.

Has anyone else witnessed this behavior (and is it normal)? I submitted a
ticket http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3588

Thanks for any help,
Ryan

--