[wp-hackers] 2.1: Alternative to query_posts?

Joefish joefish.hackers at feastofcrumbs.com
Wed Jan 10 20:51:05 GMT 2007

On 1/10/07, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> On 1/10/07, Joefish <joefish.hackers at feastofcrumbs.com> wrote:
> >

> > This was working great for me with 2.0.x, but with 2.1 beta 1 and beta
> > 2, it only works when category 48 is not empty, i.e., when I have a
> > sticky post. In 2.0.x, if the category is empty, the if (have_posts())
> > bit would return false and the first loop would have no output. But
> > with 2.1, the query returns an SQL error and dies.
> >

> > Is this a bug in 2.1, or should I be setting up the loop in some other
> > way?
>

> Sounds like a bug.  What is the SQL error you got?

Thanks for your response, Ryan. Here's the message:

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near '48 AND (post_type = 'post' AND (post_status =
'publish' OR post_status = 'privat' at line 1]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.* FROM wp_posts LEFT JOIN
wp_post2cat ON (wp_posts.ID = wp_post2cat.post_id) WHERE 1=1 48 AND
(post_type = 'post' AND (post_status = 'publish' OR post_status =
'private')) GROUP BY wp_posts.ID ORDER BY post_date DESC LIMIT 0, 10

That's a copy and paste, so the post_status = 'privat' near the
beginning is not my typo... just noticed that.

Joefish