[wp-hackers] Buttonsnap for WordPress 2.1 ?

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 21:36:50 GMT 2007

On 1/9/07, Per Soderlind <per at soderlind.no> wrote:
> Just started with the upgrade of ImageManager to WordPress 2.1. ImageManager
> uses buttonsnap to add a button to the editor. Since the current version of
> buttonsnap doesn't support the tinymce editor in WordPress 2.1 will there be
> an update of buttonsnap or are there other alternatives ?

This may be ancient history and history may have been my worst subject
in school, but I believe ButtonSnap was a product of the evil genius
Owen Winkler [1]. I do most of the TinyMCE maintenance for WordPress
but I never studied up on ButtonSnap because it was so capably
maintained on Owen's WP projects page [2]. Now I can't find there.

Owen, what's the status?

Is anybody else familiar enough with ButtonSnap to take over if Owen
has no interest in its maintenance? Apparently a lot of plugins depend
on ButtonSnap. The leading authority on the subject seems to be Kirk
of MaxPower [3].

Andy

[1] http://owenw.com/
[2] http://www.redalt.com/downloads/