[wp-hackers] WP and FeedBurner Disconnects

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Sat Jan 6 14:08:51 GMT 2007

It's not that simple. Every time FB tries again, so long as you haven't
posted anything new on your site, it will get the same corrupt headers over
and over and over.

When your blog pings FB - that means there's a new post, and your FB feed
will look as good as new. But in a matter of minutes or hours, depending on
how often FB polls your feed, it'll go awry once more. Especially if you
have a popular blog or don't post every couple of minutes, it's going to be
deep trouble.

I had readership of about 700 on FB - I had no idea about this bug, and when
I fixed it now my readership is about 300..... it can be really
catastrophic. I believe I lost all my local-rss-client readers and only
retained those using online subscriptions like NetVibes or NewsGator or
something.

> 2.0.7 was already planned.  Don't know if this will change its
> release date.  At any rate, here's my take, and a fix (in several
> different forms for people of various technical capabilities):

I know, but I believe it was due to be released *after* 2.1 - which isn't
exactly very close anyway. W/E, just hope things work out.

-CG