[wp-hackers] WP and FeedBurner Disconnects

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Sat Jan 6 13:45:08 GMT 2007

> I'm on it.  It has to do with that %$&^ing status header code.  We
> fix it for one thing and it breaks for another.  It's frustrating
> because we released two 2.0.6 release candidates with this code and
> no one mentioned the issue that I can find... there was a bug report
> for 2.1, but at the time the issue wasn't appearing on 2.0.6

Just checked - this also affects local RSS readers and stuff.
Basically anything that uses conditional get requests, which is mostly just
RSS readers due to their high polling frequency.

Anyway, it's only serious for FeedBurner since other RSS readers will just
give you a "feed on error" notice or something similar - but FeedBurner will
kill your entire FB feed until it's fixed.

I don't think there's a need for another release or something, just an
official announcement/warning maybe...

Thanks for the awesome quick fix - mad props :)

-CG