[wp-hackers] Bug in wordpress.org site search

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Tue Feb 27 23:09:29 GMT 2007

Callum Macdonald wrote:

> When I enter a search on this page and click submit, I get no results
> found:
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page
>
> However, if I search from any other page on the codex, I get results.
>
> Yet both searches take me to the same results page:
> http://wordpress.org/search/permalink

I was going to suggest that this belonged on the Doc list rather than
Hackers, but I decided to verify first... and search is working for
me, from the Codex Main Page, wordpress.org, and other Codex pages,
and the Next Page link also works for me. I specifically tested by
searching for "permalink", as you apparently did, and got several
pages of results.

One thing I noticed was that on the search results page, there were
check boxes to search Doc, Forums, etc. You might want to verify that
at least one of those is checked, and then try searching again.
Perhaps you unchecked all of them at some time in the past by mistake,
and a cookie is remembering your settings? You might try blowing away
all cookies from codex.wordpress.org and wordpress.org, and see if
that helps. And then there is the standard "make sure your browser
cache is clear" browser troubleshooting suggestion. Try that too, then
let us know what happens...

     Jennifer