[wp-hackers] Finding bugs to fix on Trac

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Feb 22 19:58:10 GMT 2007

On 2/22/07, Dr. Mike Wendell <theapparatus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/22/07, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> > On 2/21/07, Jennifer Hodgdon <yahgrp at poplarware.com> wrote:
> > We have a few keywords we use: commit, has-patch, dev-feedback,
> > 2nd-opinion, needs-testing, reporter-feedback.   The various reports
> > created from these are here:
>
> While I'm sitting here looking at it, what's the procedure for dupe
> tickets?  I'm looking at 3063 and 3917 for reference, the new Blogger
> importer.

Pick whichever ticket is most informative or has the most activity and
close the other as a duplicate with a link back to the ticket that is
staying open.

Sometimes we see multiple tickets for the same underlying bugged but
with different symptoms being described.  If the symptoms are
different enough, I won't dupe the bugs but instead will create links
between them and then resolve them all as fixed upon commit.

Ryan